Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day


Yesterday was a really sweet day. I have discovered that having a creative business can be so wonderful because I am able to let my mind wander and daydream and design and create, but that can also be one of the downsides at times. I have been finding lately that for my husband (owner and head chandler of Mr. B's Luminaries) and I, it has been hard for us because of that. Our minds are constantly reeling with ideas and thoughts and to do lists and it is hard to shut that part of our thinking off so that we can unwind and rest. Yesterday, we had a quiet and peaceful family day celebrating Labor Day by choosing to purposefully rest from all labor. As we journey on in our endeavors, I hope we will learn how to better find that balance between family and work time. I am thankful that in those times when we labor and feel heavy laden, we can come to Jesus and find rest, and He is faithful to give it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment